By Olola Seun Akioye
If you live in Abuja and a fan of the radio, you will recognize these people and their characteristics. They are frequent callers on many radio stations in the city and a day cannot pass without them offering their opinion on major issues of the day. If you know anyone else, please add.
- Sunday The Prince: If you listen to Ray Power traffic show with Oche, you will know Sunday lives in Masaka, he’s always in traffic. He leaves his house so early most times to avoid the traffic. Sunday is a neutral citizen who wants the best for Nigeria. He complains endlessly about the traffic which seems to be his major problem.
- Salaasi: Can we ever find someone like Salaasi? Fast talker, shrill voice, smooth communicator. Salaasi is the voice of one crying in the wilderness ” make the country great”. If you listen to him, you will think he is anti Buhari and APC due to his incessant whining about the government. But Salaasi do praise the government when they do right, unfortunately, those times are few so it seems he’s always speaking against APC and Buhari.
- Mummy ZEE: “MY name is Mummy Zee from Bwari” is always her introduction. If you aren’t an ardent listener to Nigeria Info, you may be forgiven if you don’t know her. She’s like your mummy, your elder sister, always there giving advise. Her own is always life features, calling for calm, the voice of reason. Mummy Zee would tell you the price of staples in the Bwari market, give you hacks and tips. She is in love with Blessing Kimberly Nwachukwu and Nigeria Info. If she doesn’t call, she would feel she’s missing her child. Mummy Zee is lovable, mummy Zee is bae, mummy Zee is well… Mummy Zee.
- Alamin from Gwarimpa: He came on Football Frenzy as a highly intelligent commentator, we all fell in love with him. Then for half this year, he vanished and by the time he returned, he has become a new person, old things passed away. Alaamin began to defend president Buhari to the point of the ridiculous. Ah, he would twist everything to favour the government not minding how terribly uncaring and wicked he’s sounding. I have never seen anything like that. He also shows his religious bias. Initially, it was veiled, then he removed it completely. Alaamin , Kai. Alaamin is always on radio stations, looking for anti government opinions to counter. He had a fight recently with the Press Talk crew of Owigho Okolo Kunle Adeniyi and Gesere. It was very bad. Alaamin should calm down.
- BATified Abubakar: As the name implies, Abubakar will defend anything Tinubu. You might be talking about the Ukraine war and Abu will find a way to drag Asiwaju into it. If Tinubu wins, I’m sure a ministerial position is in the offing.
- Ola from Lifecamp: 😂 Ola did something to FemiDee last week. He came to complain that someone is impersonating his name. He didn’t tell us he has a CAC registration to the name Ola from Lifecamp. Well, one of the few times Femi Dee said something i agreed with, he lectured him well.
- Bonanza from Nyanya: Ah, this man is something else. He calls only on sports program on Love FM and Nigeria Info. ” Jesus Igwe o, No Chelsea, no Football, No Chelsea no discussion.”
- He’s the number one Chelsea fan and his analysis sometimes are way off except when it is Chelsea.
- Is there anyone else i missed? Please add.
Leave a Reply